Ryan and I were in charge of the 'craft station' at VBS, we did face painting, coloring and made salvation bead bracelets. We had the children write their names on the papers and then handed them back at the end of the day. What a crazy time calling out all their spanish names! By the last day we had mothers helping us, thank goodness. The 2nd picture you see me trying my best.
The two girls blow; on the right were at one of the grade schools we visited. Through a translator they told me I was the most beautiful person they had ever seen. Wow. We were sorta rock stars in Peru. Kids were always asking us for our autographs, and following us around. A few hours later, the translator returned with a little plastic easter egg, with ear rings and the note for me.
I was going to put a picture here of the note; but as of now it has been misplaced along with a pair of alpaca gloves I bought and my hair brush... Will let you know when said items are found. (probably still my my suitcase or packed away somewhere. After all, the electric was out when I attempted to unpack.)





No comments:
Post a Comment