Friday, August 10, 2012

Wanted: a child


I've had some suggestions on how to get the word out about us wanting to adopt that I thought I would share. My aunt told me to contact some mega churches and just put our information out there. After all, when kids get pregnant they run to church. Valid I thought, so I contacted 10 large churches in Central Ohio, only 2 responded that they would keep our information in mind. Hm, OK well it was worth a shot.
Then my Dad (I love my Dad) he suggested putting an ad in the Bargain Hunter. This made me laugh. Great idea, but I'm not doing this. And lastly Craigslist was mentioned, now I do enjoy looking through Craigslist. And I did search to see who had gone through with this idea. There was one person. I'm not really looking into getting scammed, or being approached about buying a stolen baby. I think you'd expect that from Craigslist right? I mean don't 99% of creepers hang out on Craigslist?

So, I think we will just stick to the plan.. and just wait.

2 comments:

  1. You may not be too far off. Did you ever see Juno? The couple that she found to addopt her baby had placed an ad in the town penny saver. You never know where potential adoptees may be found. Not that you wanted my opinion but as soon as I read your post I thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE right! I loved that movie. Makes me want to watch it again. I saw my dad today, and I couldnt tell if he was joking, but he asked me if I had checked my email that my ad will be running next week. Come to think of it, that reminds me I need to check my email....

    ReplyDelete